Scratch is a block based visual programming language that makes it easy for children to create their own interactive stories, animations, games, music and art – and share their creations on the web.
Scratch helps young children to learn to think creatively, reason systematically, and work collaboratively – essential skills for life in the 21st century.
Who can attend?
Scratch coding classes are suitable for children from 2nd to 6th class.
Requirements for online classes
- Laptop or computer.
- Broadband internet connection.
- Inbuilt mic or separate mic and headphones to interact with the tutor.
- A webcam.
Benefits of learning Scratch
- Introduces children to coding basics.
- Enables creative expression through visual storytelling.
- Improves children’s imagination.
Scratch & Maths
It was all about angles this week as the children coded a square and equilateral triangle in Scratch. Developing core maths skills while having fun.
There was lots of excitement in class today as the children demonstrated some of the games they had created. Well done everybody.